Last Updated: November 29, 2022
- Visit and interact with our website www.us.vitusbikes.com (the “Site”);
- Interact with us in person, such as at one of Vitus US promotional events;
- Communicate with us through the Site or by email, telephone, text, mail, facsimile, or other means;
- Sign up to receive email, text, mail, or other communications from us;
- Respond to our surveys, questionnaires, or requests for feedback; or
- Otherwise provide Personal Information to us, whether online or offline, in the context of our relationship with you.
What Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
When you interact with the Services, we may collect certain Personal Information directly from you or automatically from the devices you use to access our Services. Depending on how you use the Services, we may collect the following types of information from or about you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, account name or number, and identifiers from devices and software;
- Customer records, such as signature, physical characteristics or description, information about your home or property, and credit-related information.
- Protected class and demographic information, such as age, date of birth, sex, gender, and disability.
- Commercial information, such as information about your purchases, payment plan, payment card information, payment history, information about products in which you have shown interest, and other commercial information.
- Device information, consisting of information from devices you use to connect to the Services, including your mobile device. The information we receive from these devices may include IP address, unique device identifiers such as MAC address, usage information, crash data, device performance characteristics and hardware information, battery status, and WiFi network information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, device and browser information, and information about your interactions with and use of the Services (such as your search terms on the Site, the sections of the Site you visited, and the date(s) and time(s) on which you visited the Site).
- Geolocation data, such as from devices you connect to or use with our products and services, including your mobile device, connected devices, and wired and wireless sensors, such as through the use of geolocation features in the devices, or by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address may indicate the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet).
- Audio, electronic, visual, or other sensory information, such as information collected during product demonstration videoconferences with Vitus US or any recordings of customer service calls.
- Inferences drawn from the information we collect about you to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, such as the types of bikes you prefer to ride or purchase.
- Sensitive information, such as your log-in name and password that you use to access your user account on the Services.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Depending on how you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you. We may collect information from you directly through your use of the Services or other direct interactions with us, such as emails or phone calls.
- Through automated data collection technologies. We may collect your information using automated data collection technologies as described in the “Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies” section below. For example, we may collect the IP (Internet protocol) address of the device you use to access our Sites and other browsing information, such as page requests, browser type, operating system, and average time spent on our Sites.
- From third parties. We may obtain your information through third-party sources, such as marketing partners, service providers, and social media companies. We may combine this information with the information we collect about you to help us tailor our communications and improve our Services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information as outlined below:
- Provide the Services. We may use your Personal Information to provide the Services, fulfill your orders, process your payment, provide customer services, create and maintain business records, respond to your questions and comments, and send you communications about the Services.
- Build and maintain our relationship with you. We may use your Personal Information to improve your experience with our Services, send you marketing messages about the Services that may be of interest to you, send you informational newsletters, administer contests and sweepstakes, conduct surveys, and obtain and respond to your feedback, questions, and comments. We may also draw inferences from the Personal Information we receive about you, such as information about your preferences, characteristics, and interest in our Services.
- Improve the Services. We may use your Personal Information to facilitate and improve the operation of the Services, perform market research and analysis, analyze how the Services are being used and accessed, improve the functionality of the Sites and your user experience, conduct quality assurance activities, perform internal business reviews, and develop new Services.
- Improve the Sites and our Service offerings. Better understand your preferences and interests so we can improve our products, tailor our marketing, and better serve you and our other customers.
- Comply with legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings. We may use your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your Personal Information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
We may also use your information for other purposes consistent with the context of the collection of your Personal Information, as otherwise disclosed to you at the time your Personal Information is collected, or with your consent.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information with the following types of third parties:
- Our service providers. We may disclose your Personal Information to service providers and vendors that perform tasks on our behalf, such as website hosting, customer relationship management, marketing, market research analytics, and product development.
- Business partners. We may disclose your information to third parties that may use it for their own purposes, including companies that operate cookies and other advertising partners, marketing research partners, social media companies, and other business partners.
- Public and governmental authorities. We may disclose your Personal Information to entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over Vitus US, such as regulatory authorities, law enforcement, public bodies, and judicial bodies.
- Other third parties, as reasonably necessary. We may disclose your Personal Information:
- In relation to a merger, sale, acquisition, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control (whether in whole or in part);
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary in order for you to use the services, load and view content, and access your account.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies help us remember you and personalize features and content for you on the services.
- Preference cookies. These cookies allow us to capture and store your information privacy related preferences (e.g., your opt-in and opt-out), account settings, and certain login information.
- Analytics cookies. These cookies help us and our service providers compile statistics and analytics about platform users, including traffic, usage, demographic, and trend data, which will enable us to understand how users engage with our Site.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies will display advertising on our website and on third party websites. Some of these advertisements may be interest-based, meaning that they are tailored to your interests or behaviors on our website or on other websites.
The third-party service providers we may use for advertising and analytics include, but are not limited to:
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may also choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
Opting Out of Communications
We may communicate with you by email, telephone, or SMS text message about the Services. If you have opted in or otherwise qualify to receive these forms of communication, and no longer wish to receive such communications, you may optout or unsubscribe by following the instructions that are included in the communication or by contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Retention of Your Personal Information
As a general matter, we may keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. If a law requires us to retain your information for a longer period of time, we will comply with that law. We may also retain your Personal Information as necessary to protect or resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements and comply with applicable laws.
Security of Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of your information in our custody and control. No data, on the Internet or otherwise, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, Vitus US cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security of your information.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected through the Sites. However, like many websites, our Site is not currently designed to recognize a “Do Not Track” signal from a web browser. As a result, www.us.vitusbikes.com and third parties may track your online activities, including over time and across different sites and apps.
Vitus US does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 using the Site. If you believe a child under 16 years of age has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com with a brief description of your concern.
Information for Users Located Outside of the United States
Notice to Residents of Nevada
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain personal information, including your name and mailing address, to third parties. Vitus US does not “sell” your personal information as defined by Nevada law. If that were to change in the future, we will provide Nevada residents with a method to opt-out of those transactions.
Notice to California Residents
California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To request this information and for any other questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
This section provides additional information for California residents whose information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). It does not apply to individuals who are not California residents.
Categories of Personal Information
We have collected in the preceding 12 months the categories of Personal Information detailed in the “Information We Collect” section above.
Sources of Personal Information
We have collected Personal Information from the categories of sources detailed in the “Sources of Information” section above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We have used and disclosed Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes detailed, respectively, in the “How We Use Your Information” and “How We Disclose Your Information” sections above.
Although we have not “sold” personal information for money in the past 12 months, we engage in many standard business interactions with third parties that might be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of Personal Information as those concepts are defined by CCPA. We do not knowingly sell or disclose personal information of minors under the age of 16.
We only use and disclose your sensitive information for the following purposes: (i) performing services or providing goods reasonably expected by an average consumer; (ii) detecting security incidents; (iii) resisting malicious, deceptive, or illegal actions; (iv) ensuring the physical safety of individuals; (v) for short-term, transient use, including non-personalized advertising; (vi) performing or providing internal business services; or (vii) verifying or maintaining the quality or safety of a service or device. We do not disclose sensitive information for any other purpose.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain each category of your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in the “How We Use your Information” section above, unless required to do otherwise by applicable laws. Criteria we will use to determine how long we will retain your information include whether: we need your information to provide you with products or services you have requested; we continue to have a relationship with you; you have requested information, products, or services from us; we have a legal right or obligation to continue to retain your information; we have an obligation to a third party that involves your information; our retention or recordkeeping policies and obligations dictate that we retain your information; we have an interest in providing you with information about our products or services; or we have another business purpose for retaining your information.
Rights Concerning Your Information
California “Shine the Light” Law. California residents may request information from us once per calendar year about certain Personal Information disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have disclosed such information. To request this information, please contact us by using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
California residents may also have the following rights concerning our collection, use, and disclosure of their Personal Information:
Right to Know. You have the right to request information about the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information, the purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing the Personal Information, and the categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed or sold your Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected from you.
Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
Right to Opt Out of Sales or Sharing. You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information or targeted advertising.
Right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our Site or Services.
California residents may exercise the Right to Know, Right to Delete, and the Right to Correct by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at (435) 710-9062.
In order to exercise the Right to Opt Out of Sales or Sharing with respect to any "sale" or “sharing” of personal information automatically collected online through cookies and other tracking technologies, you must undertake both of the following steps:
- Submit a request through the "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" link at the bottom of this page.
- Disable the use of all cookies and other tracking technologies.
You may also submit an opt-out request using a preference signal that is sent in a commonly used and recognized format, such as the Global Privacy Control.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a rights request on your behalf. To do so, your authorized agent must submit a request via email@example.com and indicate that they are submitting the request as an agent. We may require the agent to provide proof that you gave signed permission to submit the request and may also require to you to confirm with us that you provided the agent permission to submit the request or to verify your own identity directly with us. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
We will take steps to verify your identity before completing your rights request. In order to do so, we may ask you to provide additional information, such as your name, home address, and email address. Depending on the nature of your request and our relationship with you, we may request different or additional information, including a singed declaration that you are who you claim to be.
From time to time, we may offer financial incentives in exchange for you sharing certain personal information with us. The specific instructions for how to participate and the rewards offered as incentives may vary and are set out within each program. Our good-faith estimate of the value of your information is the value of the benefit we offer to you. We have calculated that value by using the expense to us of operating the program related to the benefit obtained by our running of the program. To participate in any incentive-based programs you can opt-in by signing up for the incentive when it is offered to you. Participation in our promotional programs is always optional, and you can terminate program participation at any time as explained in the applicable program terms. You can also contact us by using the contact information provided below to unsubscribe or cancel your participation in any program.
You can contact us or otherwise communicate your privacy concerns by:
Phone: (435) 710-9062